Friends of Eastwood Park, Hasland

History

Eastwood Park was once a part of the Hasland House Estate, which was given to local community by Alderman Eastwood (who was Mayor of Chesterfield, 1905 to 1908) on 2 July 1913. The first condition on donating the park was that it should be called "Hasland Park", however Alderman Eastwood later accepted the council's decision to name the park "Eastwood Park"

Recent restoration of Eastwood Park

Nearly 100 years later Chesterfield Borough Council recently secured a grant of over 1.07million from the Herritage Lottery Fund and contributed a further £201,000. The restoration project included improvements to the Hasland Village Hall and fountain, modernisation of play areas, a new sports pavillion (just completed) and a new multi-use games area.

Master Plan

The project will renovate, improve and modernise exsisting facilities as well as introducing a number of new features to the park. The Council has worked closely with the Friends of Eastwood Park and the local community, sports group and other partners to put together the succesful bid. One of the striking features of the park is an ornamental fountain that came from Ringwood Hall in Chesterfield.

Great facilities

The Park has a Memorial arboretum, community garden, rose garden, wildlife area, muliti-purpose games areas, tennis court, football and cricket pitches, free outdoor gym, war memorial, village hall and a car park.

Centre piece of the village

 

The park is 15 acres in size and located centrally within the "village" of Hasland and is often described by local residents as the centre piece of the village.

Call Us: 555-555-1234

Where are we?

 

 

Future Events

 

AGM

 

 

 

 

Map of park


Hits from 3 January 2017